Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Let's hear it for the boys.

Lately I have seen a lot of female shoppers dipping into the men's section of the store to take a peek at the shirts. A few have been brave enough to purchase menswear. And why not? What is more versatile for early September than a lightweight buttondown? Too hot for a jacket? Can't find the right cardigan? Get creative. Tuck it, tie it, belt it. The buttondown is the catch-all of clothing.






In the picture above, you've got my picks. A navy plaid Martin+Osa on the left, and the classic men's blue stripe Brooks Brothers on the right.



And then I styled them for the ladies:




Brooches are my favorite accessory for Fall. I want to cover everything in them: coats, hats, shirts, belts. They add feminine charm and a bit of quirkiness to any ensemble. I'd add some brogues and socks to the left, ballet flats or structured heels on the right.




So run to your boyfriend's, husband's, or brother's closet and try it out.* Just don't tell them that I sent you.


*Or be safe and stop in to the store to stock up.




No comments:

Post a Comment