Friday, September 3, 2010

Finding outside inspiration.

After a while, the magazines can all start to look the same. Everything seems in season, on trend. I subscribe to too many online boutiques and webzines, follow all the major Tweeters that WWD and Rachel Zoe tell me to follow. Don't get me wrong, I love them all. But sometimes, the amount of information can leave even the biggest fashion junky feeling overwhelmed.

Sometimes in the morning, the closet can be daunting, and it's nice to take a fresh look at things. To step away and think about clothes a little bit differently.

I received this bouquet the other day:
I love to play with colors and textures. A floral arrangement can show how unexpected colors can look beautiful together. The heights of the flowers add interest. I am continually inspired by different patterns and pairings in homes, in architecture, in gardens. Even a salad can show how vivid colors and shapes can work together to make something visually stunning.

So taking a note from the flowers. Here's how I dressed our girlfriends:
I am dying over the purple stones necklace, and I love how it adds a tough look with the army green to the pretty pink chiffon.



Tie-dye, and tweed, and florals, oh my!

So go out, be inspired. Open your eyes, and have a happy holiday weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment