Thursday, August 12, 2010

How to wear it.



August is tricky. Dog days are here, but fall fashion is flooding my inbox. It is my opinion that the days of having two separate closets for winter and summer clothing are over.* Our mothers have always done it, but it seems tedious and wasteful to have a bunch of one hit wonders in storage for half of the year.

This is how I'd make it work all year. I took two summer dresses and thought about how I would wear them two months from today.
The first dress is red cotton, on sale for $17.50. The second dress is a blue silk Rebecca Taylor, on sale for $51. Add brown tights to the first look, black tights to the second. Voila! You're set.

*You can keep your heavy coat closet. That's okay.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! You completely changed the look of both dresses, not only making them more fall-appropriate, but by using the belts to cinch the waist, you've created body as well. I have quite a few of these one hit wonders in my closet, and I can't wait to try out your ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete