Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sweater Dress.

The weather is finally changing here in Pittsburgh, and it's time to adjust the wardrobe accordingly. Buy new socks, dust off hats. Which brings me to the piece that has always been a little confusing to me: sweaters. When I was in high school, I wanted nothing to do with them. They seemed bulky and uncool, unsexy. I still don't own very many, but have the sudden urge to stock up.

Image via lookbook.

This season they have come into a new light. Oversize styles in lightweight cashmere or crochet. Cropped styles in heavier knits. They seem suddenly chic, less business, more cool.

And they are everywhere.
Images via lookbook, fashiontoast, and shopbop.
And so, we played dress up with some of the sweaters that we have in the store.

Revamping a gown. Just throw a sweater over it. Loving the long skirts trend, and this is a super-easy solution for a long dress that you thought you'd never wear again.

And then it started to rain.


Stay warm, stay chic. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. love those trousers - no bare legs for me in cold rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the trouser look for Fall. I am going to max out on trousers and maxi skirts.

    ReplyDelete